In a nod to their global research influence, seven recent users of the Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) user facility appear on a new list of highly cited researchers.
Clarivate Plc released its latest annual list of highly cited researchers in November 2020. The list recognizes almost 6,200 international researchers, identified based on the number of highly cited papers they published from January 2009 to December 2019. These researchers have multiple papers in the top 1 percent of citations compared with other papers in their field and year of publication in the Web of Science citation index.
The list covers 21 fields and a separate cross-field category that identifies researchers with impact in multiple fields.
ARM’s highly cited users—all in the Geosciences field—are:
- Paul DeMott, Colorado State University (second consecutive year on the list)
- Andrew Gettelman, National Center for Atmospheric Research (fifth year)
- Allen Goldstein, University of California, Berkeley/Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (fourth consecutive year)
- Zhanqing Li, University of Maryland, College Park/Beijing Normal University, China Mainland (first year)
- Joel Thornton, University of Washington (second consecutive year, first in Geosciences)
- Paul Wennberg, California Institute of Technology (seventh consecutive year)
- Douglas Worsnop, Aerodyne Research Inc./University of Helsinki, Finland (seventh consecutive year).
Learn more about the Clarivate list.# # #
ARM is a DOE Office of Science user facility operated by nine DOE national laboratories.