A new list of highly cited researchers includes eight recent users of the Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) user facility, acknowledging the scientists’ global research influence.
The Web of Science Group released its latest annual list of highly cited scientists and social scientists in November 2019. The list recognizes more than 6,200 international researchers whose work was most cited in papers published from 2008 to 2018. These researchers have multiple papers that are in the top 1 percent of citations compared with other papers in their field and year of publication.
The list covers 21 fields and a separate cross-field category that identifies researchers with impact in several fields.
ARM’s highly cited users are:
- Paulo Artaxo, University of São Paulo (Brazil), Geosciences field
- Sandrine Bony, Sorbonne Universite/Centro National de la Recherche Scientifique (France), Geosciences
- Peter DeCarlo, Johns Hopkins University/Drexel University, Cross-Field
- Paul DeMott, Colorado State University, Geosciences
- Christian Frankenberg, California Institute of Technology/NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Geosciences
- Tuomo Nieminen, University of Helsinki (Finland), Cross-Field
- Paul Wennberg, California Institute of Technology, Geosciences
- Steven Wofsy, Harvard University, Geosciences.
The Web of Science Group provides information and technology services for about 20 million researchers at more than 7,000 research organizations globally.
Learn more about the Web of Science list.# # #
ARM is a DOE Office of Science user facility operated by nine DOE national laboratories.