Atmospheric Instrument Specialist
This technical specialist appointment in the Environmental Science Division of Argonne National Laboratory will involve providing technical support for operating and maintaining meteorological instruments and data collection systems.
- Working with meteorological instrumentation such as anemometers, radiometers, temperature/relative humidity probes, soil sensors, and Campbell Scientific data logger operation/programming is highly desired.
- A moderate level of experience is required in computer management, instrumentation and digital communications networking, and data acquisition/processing programming experience in FORTRAN, C, Python, and UNIX/LINUX.
- B.S. in physical sciences related to atmospheric sciences or similar desired.
- Strong programming skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Applications will be considered as they arrive and with a likely start date in October 2018.
- Three letters of reference and university transcripts will be required.
To submit your application, go to the Argonne “Apply for a Job” website.