ARM NSA Project Lead – Sandia National Laboratories
Sandia National Laboratories is seeking a facility manager and project lead for an ARM facility on the North Slope of Alaska. ARM installations at Barrow and Atqasuk, Alaska, have been collecting and archiving atmospheric data for more than ten years. A new extended-deployment mobile facility is being developed for Oliktok Point, Alaska, with routine operations at Oliktok expected to commence in 2013.
This position is expected to provide technical leadership and project management for atmospheric measurements and activities related to ARM facilities on the North Slope of Alaska. The successful candidate will manage routine operations and field campaigns and represent the North Slope portion of ARM within the ARM Facility and to the arctic atmospheric scientific community. Additional responsibilities include interacting with ARM Facility management, technical specialists, data system managers, and other program participants. Requires significant travel to cold, remote, isolated locations.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced degree in physical sciences or engineering and at least 8 years of experience as a technical project leader
- Demonstrated experience with Employee Safety & Health (ES&H) requirements for light laboratory work
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Demonstrated success with proposal development and project execution
- Demonstrated experience developing and tracking project budgets
- Demonstrated experience developing compliant procurement packages and serving as designated contract technical representative
- Demonstrated experience working on complex projects with a range of organizations inside and outside Sandia including academic, commercial, state, and federal agencies
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills needed for effective networking with project partners, collaborating organizations, sponsors, and potential sponsors
- Ability to travel to remote project locations and other DOE locations, 7 to 10 days per month typically, varies seasonally
- Experience with large science-focused projects distributed over multiple laboratories
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Department of Energy security clearance.
For more information, read the complete job description on the Sandia website. Search for #6913, and select the posting for "Atmospheric Measurement Project Lead - Technical Staff Member."