Instrument : Sky Radiometers on Stand for Downwelling Radiation (SKYRAD)
The Sky Radiation (SKYRAD) collection of radiometers provides each Atmospheric Radiation and Cloud Station (ARCS) with continuous measurements of broadband shortwave (solar), longwave (infrared), and ultraviolet irradiances for downwelling components. These 1-minute data are collected from a network of stations to help determine the total radiative energy exchange within the Tropical Western Pacific and North Slope of Alaska.
NOTE: See ARM Pyrgeometer Calibrations & Field Measurements: Information Regarding the Data Restriction Notice (PowerPoint presentation).
Output Value-Added Products
This instrument is an input to the following value-added products, which provide improved measurements or derived quantities.
- 15swfanalbrs1long : Short Wave Flux Analysis: 15-min resolution on BRS data, Long algorithm
- 15swfanalsiros1long : Short Wave Flux Analysis: 15-min resolution on SIROS data, Long algorithm
- 15swfanalsirs1long : Short Wave Flux Analysis: 15-min resolution on SIRS data, Long algorithm
- 15swfanalskyrad1long : Short Wave Flux Analysis: 15-min resolution on SKYRAD data, Long algorithm
- 15swfcldfac1long : Fractional cloud cover, clear-sky and all-sky shortwave flux for each of 25 individual SGP facilities.
- 1swfanalbrs1long : Short Wave Flux Analysis: 1-min resolution on BRS data, Long algorithm
- 1swfanalsiros1long : Short Wave Flux Analysis: 1-min resolution on SIROS data, Long algorithm
- 1swfanalsirs1long : Short Wave Flux Analysis: 1-min resolution on SIRS data, Long algorithm
- 1swfanalskyrad1long : Short Wave Flux Analysis: 1-min resolution on SKYAD data, Long algorithm
- qcrad1long : Surface Radiation Measurement Quality Control testing, including climatologically configurable limits
- qcradbeflux1long : Surface Radiation Measurement (BEFLUX input) QC testing, incl. climatologically configurable limits
- qcradbrs1long : Surface Radiation Measurement (BRS input) QC testing, incl. climatologically configurable limits
- siros1dutt : Solar and Infrared Radiation Observing Station (SIROS): 1-min data with Dutton correction
- sirs1dutt : SIRS: derived, correction of downwelling shortwave diffuse hemispheric measurements using Dutton and full algorithm
- skyrad20s : Sky radiation sensor: 20-second downwelling radiation data
- skyrad60s : Sky radiation sensor: 60-second downwelling irradiances
The following measurements are those considered scientifically relevant.
- Longwave broadband downwelling irradiance
- Longwave narrowband brightness temperature
- Shortwave broadband diffuse downwelling irradiance
- Shortwave broadband direct normal irradiance
- Shortwave broadband total downwelling irradiance