Instrument : Radiation Measurements at AMF (RAD)
While preparing for the ARM Mobile Facility deployment in Niger, the science team identified the need for instrumentation at an off-site location to compare radiative measurements from the natural environment of the Sahel region against those taken at the more developed surface area around the airport. Because the remote location didn't have electrical power, instruments for the ancillary site were designed to run on solar/battery power.
- rad : Radiation measurements at AMF/Niamey, Niger/S1
The following measurements are those considered scientifically relevant.
- Longwave broadband downwelling irradiance
- Longwave broadband upwelling irradiance
- Shortwave broadband total downwelling irradiance
- Shortwave broadband total upwelling irradiance
|ARM Mobile Facility|
|HFE||S1||Browse Data||Browse Plots||Tai Hu (lake), Zhejiang/Jiangsu, China; Supplemental||retired|
|NIM||S1||Browse Data||Niamey, Niger-Ancillary||retired|