Instrument : Nephelometer (NEPHELOMETER)
A nephelometer measures the total scattering and hemispheric backscattering of aerosol. Nephelometers are deployed in pairs with one of them measuring the ambient conditions and the other measuring the scattering as a function of slowly increasing or decreasing relative humidity. The combination can then be used to derive the hygroscopic growth factor as a function of RH: f(RH).
- aosnephdry : AOS: ambient nephelometer measurements
- aosnephwet : AOS: humidified nephelometer measurements
The following measurements are those considered scientifically relevant.
- Southern Great Plains (SGP)
- Central Facility, Lamont, OK (C1)
- ARM Mobile Facility (MAG)
- Los Angeles, CA to Honolulu, HI - container ship Horizon Spirit (M1)
- ARM Mobile Facility (PGH)
- ARIES Observatory, Nainital, Uttarkhand, India (M1)
- ARM Mobile Facility (PVC)
- Highland Center, Cape Cod MA; AMF 1 (M1)
- Highland Center, Cape Cod MA; MAOS (S1)
- ARM Mobile Facility (SBS)
- Steamboat Springs CO, Christie Peak (S2)