Instrument : Ground Radiometers on Stand for Upwelling Radiation (GNDRAD)
The Ground Radiation (GNDRAD) collection of radiometers provides the TWP, NSA, and AMFs with continuous measurements of broadband shortwave (solar) and longwave (infrared) irradiances for upwelling components. These 1-minute data are collected to help determine the total radiative energy exchange at each specific research site location.
NOTE: See ARM Pyrgeometer Calibrations & Field Measurements: Information Regarding the Data Restriction Notice (PowerPoint presentation).
Output Value-Added Products
This instrument is an input to the following value-added products, which provide improved measurements or derived quantities.
- qcrad1long : Surface Radiation Measurement Quality Control testing, including climatologically configurable limits
- qcradbeflux1long : Surface Radiation Measurement (BEFLUX input) QC testing, incl. climatologically configurable limits
- qcradbrs1long : Surface Radiation Measurement (BRS input) QC testing, incl. climatologically configurable limits
- gndrad20s : Ground radiation sensor: 20-second upwelling radiation data
- gndrad60s : Ground radiation sensor: 60-second upwelling
The following measurements are those considered scientifically relevant.
- Longwave broadband upwelling irradiance
- Shortwave broadband total upwelling irradiance
- Surface skin temperature