Instrument : Condensation Particle Counter (CPC)
A Condensation Particle Counter measures sub-micron aerosol particle number concentration by growing the particles to a size that is easily detectable and countable by optical scattering. The condensating liquid is typically an alcohol (e.g., butanol) or water. Depending on the CPC model, the commercial CPC instruments can cover a size range from 3 nm to 3000 nm (ultrafine) or 10 nm to 3000 nm (fine).
- aoscpc : AOS: condensation particle counter
- aoscpcf : AOS: Condensation Particle Counter
- aoscpcu : AOS: Ultrafine Condensation Particle Counter
The following measurements are those considered scientifically relevant.
- Southern Great Plains (SGP)
- Central Facility, Lamont, OK (C1)
- ARM Mobile Facility (MAG)
- Los Angeles, CA to Honolulu, HI - container ship Horizon Spirit (M1)
- ARM Mobile Facility (PGH)
- ARIES Observatory, Nainital, Uttarkhand, India (M1)
- ARM Mobile Facility (PVC)
- Highland Center, Cape Cod MA; AMF 1 (M1)
- Highland Center, Cape Cod MA; MAOS (S1)