VAP : Microwave Radiometer Averages in 1- and 5-Minute Increments (MWRAVG)
Derived Quantities and Models
This VAP averages the principal fields from the MWR ( 23.8 GHz sky brightness temperature, 31.4 GHz sky brightness temperature, Total water vapor along LOS path and Total liquid water along LOS path) over specified time intervals. The time interval is parsed from the name of the VAP. This VAP can be run on SGP CF/BF data, as well as TWP and NSA data. The option to create a Quick Look is also available. The IRT data has been removed from this VAP. The input and output files have changed due to the removal of IRT data.
For more details, see http://engineering.arm.gov/process/vap/docs/mwravg/.
- 1mwravg : Microwave Radiometer (MWR): brightness temps and water amounts, 1-minute avg
- 5mwravg : Microwave Radiometer (MWR): 5-minute average integrated vapor and liquid water
The following measurements are those considered scientifically relevant.
- North Slope Alaska (NSA)
- Central Facility, Atqasuk AK (C2)
- Central Facility, Barrow AK (C1)
- Southern Great Plains (SGP)
- Central Facility, Lamont, OK (C1)
- Hillsboro, KS (Boundary) (B1)
- Morris, OK (Boundary) (B5)
- Purcell, OK (B6)
- Vici, OK (Boundary) (B4)
- Tropical Western Pacific (TWP)
- Central Facility, Darwin, Australia (C3)
- Central Facility, Manus I., PNG (C1)
- Central Facility, Nauru Island (C2)