VAP : Water Profiles from GOES Satellite Data (GOESWATER)
These data are soundings of dew point and temperature over the Southern Great Plains site derived from Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite (GOES) soundings from the University of Wisconsin, CIMSS/SSEC. The sgpgoeswater data are only available in ASCII. The sgpg8prof and sgg12prof data have been converted to netcdf format. Data are missing for days in which no clear conditions existed over the CART site and/or auxiliary data (separate from GOES radiance) necessary to do the retrieval were missing. The datastream sgpg8prof and sgpg12prof (formerly known as sgpgoeswaterX1.00) include hourly, rather than three hourly, retrievals and cover the SGP Boundary Facilities as well as the Central Facility.
- g12prof : GOES-12: water vapor and temperature profiles
- g8prof : GOES-8: water vapor and temperature profiles
The following measurements are those considered scientifically relevant.
- Southern Great Plains (SGP)
- Central Facility, Lamont, OK (C1)
- Hillsboro, KS (Boundary) (B1)
- Morris, OK (Boundary) (B5)
- Purcell, OK (B6)
- Vici, OK (Boundary) (B4)