Procedure for Submitting Science and Research Products to the Data Archive
- The Principal Investigator (PI) establishes contact with an ARM Translator to describe the data product.
- The Translator collects enough information to describe the PI Product within the Translator group; thereby resulting in assignment of the PI Product to a specific Translator and relevant Science Working Group.
- The Translator will coordinate with the Working Group Steering Committee to accept or reject the offering based on fit and utility.
- An Infrastructure Representative will be identified to work directly with the PI to adequately describe the PI Product:
- A brief informational description of the scientific or research scope of the product
- A Read-Me file that describes format and characteristics of the data set
- Pertinent science articles and references.
- The Translator notifies the PI of the disposition, and if accepted, the Infrastructure Representative will coordinate the submission of the PI Product data set to the Data Archive.
- The Archive will announce and host the PI Product for general use by the research community.