ARM Science Board
The objective of the ARM Science Board is to promote the Nation's scientific enterprise by ensuring that the best quality science is conducted at the U.S. Department of Energy user facility known as the ARM Climate Research Facility.
Comprised of highly respected ARM-supported scientists and the external climate research community, the function of the science board is to review proposals for use of the Facility. These proposals may be submitted by the ARM Science Team or by any other interested users of the Facility, including U.S. government agencies engaged in scientific research, colleges and universities, and other interested international scientific and educational bodies. The Board will coordinate with the ARM Infrastructure Management Board to assess the availability and resource requirements of the proposed facility usage.
To assist the scientific investigators with their proposals for funding from their prospective funding agencies, the science board will consider facility usage proposals in a timely manner. The Board may set up specialty teams to address particular issues under its mandate, e.g., logistics associated with use of the ARM Mobile Facility.
An eleven-member Facility Board has been selected to serve as an independent review body for the ARM Facility and ensure it is used to conduct the highest quality science. ARM Science Liaison Laurel Chapman organizes the activities of the ARM Science Board. DOE Program Manager Wanda Ferrell directs the ARM budgeting, planning, coordination, and management of activities within the ARM structure. The Charter for the Science board is available online.
- Dr. Ana Barros, Duke University
- Dr. Patrick Chuang, University of California at Santa Cruz
- Dr. Hugh Coe, University of Manchester
- Dr. Anthony Del Genio, NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies
- Dr. Pavlos Kollias, McGill University
- Dr. Richard Leaitch, Environmental Canada
- Dr. Allison McComiskey, NOAA Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences
- Dr. J. Marshall Shepherd, University of Georgia
- Dr. Matthew Shupe, University of Colorado
- Dr. Maria Assunção Silva Dias, University of Sao Paulo
- Dr. Jian Wang, Brookhaven National Laboratory